Saturday 28 June 2014

Time flies

Time. The most valuable thing we own, the thing we have the most of, the thing which none can take away from us, the thing which creates memories after its usage, yet it's the thing, which none can see and which feels like it's slipping away under our feet before we have time to react. Life is not about material things, it's about spending our time thoughtfully and memorably. I've always said I want to be an old grandmother with wrinkles of laughter and a never-ending bank of stories. Stories, which are the result of a memorable life.

Elder people along with children, are the most fascinating inhabitants on this planet. The children are sources of inspiration, new ideas and the joy of living, while the elder ones carry  our history. Everything has its history and I think it's of major importance to recognize that history, in order to fully grasp the extent of our own existence. It may sound deep, but really it's just a way of learning from other's wrongdoings, in order to be able to create our own path and not tag along some old, already hackneyed one.

At the moment it feels as if the time is passing me by. I know it isn't. In fact we, or at least I, sometimes feel stressed when time goes quickly because there are so many things I want to do. And actually that is the thing - time flies when there are a lot of things to do - or more precisely positive things to do. If we think logically, the clock always keep the same pace…

It's only one week left until departure…. Thus I think I better continue with my "unpacking" upstairs. I'm only allowed to have 23 kg Copenhagen-Paris-Johannesburg, and 20kg Johannesburg-Richard's Bay! I've already cleaned away 1/3 of the things I considered necessary… After all my aim is to make a contribution with my time - so perhaps time is what I should pack. It's cheap and it doesn't take any space in my bag - Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment